Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rachel Maddow loses credibility

A bit of sensational reporting on the evil ways of president Obama and his quest to throw away the bill of rights as quickly as carbon-based energy generation over at CNBC with a segment of the Rachel Maddow show a couple of weeks ago. I watched this little video clip of that segment and couldn't help but get angry with our president. (This has to do with Obama's speech a few weeks ago regarding how to handle the political prisoners at GTMO.)

But wait just a minute. In an effort to sound off on that little clip, I searched for the transcript of the speech and found it here, provided by McClatchyDC.com. I figured I could skim through, find the incriminating words (already in text) and post them here. Not quite.

It turns out, the adored Rachel Maddow has lost real credibility with me. Slick editing? I don't know. The content and tone of the speech by our president are nothing like what Maddow would have us believe. In fact, through the entire speech, I only found a couple of paragraphs of scattered lingo within Obama's speech that could be built into such controversy. (Don't get me wrong--I see no way of reconciling detention of any sorts of suspects, indefinitely, without charges, trial, conviction, and sentencing--with the constitution and bill of rights.)

What's the big fuss, then? Evidently, Maddow's agenda is apparently more driven to malign the president than to report--or opine upon--the facts. That's not something I need.

I wonder how many people are getting their "news" from sources such as Maddow? Maybe this is the source behind so many of those emails going around from the right (without any fact-checking)?

As for me--no thanks, Ms. Maddow. I guess you can't believe everything you see on the internet TV.

No comments: